Monday, October 31, 2011

Moving On

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours at a huge church party. It was held at a home that, over the past couple of years, I have spent a great deal of time at. So much of my life was centered on serving this family and tending to their needs. It has been three months since I moved on and this was my first real visit back. As I walked around the house noticing all the changes that have taken place and greeted the family that was once so apart of my life, I became overwhelmed. I guess in the back of my mind I assumed things wouldn’t change so fast and we could pick up right where we left off for the afternoon.  But it wasn’t to be. Their life had moved on as well- new friends, new activities, and a different life than the one they lived when I left. I walked around the place that was at one point a second home to me and was overcome with memories. I saw other people doing jobs that I had once done. I wondered how things could be so familiar and so strange at the same time.
It wasn’t till I left that it began to sink in. I had to let go. I had to release in my mind that place. Reading my Bible later on that evening, I came across Philippians 3:13-14. "-forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
I am sharing this because I want to encourage my readers to let go of the past and reach for the future. Sure, we can have memories. But when it comes to leaving one thing and grabbing something else, often people want to hang onto the thing they are leaving to much, like I was trying to do yesterday. When we move on, we have to truly move on, letting bygones be bygones.
So, whatever you, my friends, have to leave in the past, do so with all your might. Whether it is a sin, a job, friends, etc, receive the mercy and love that only comes from Jesus. He is there, reaching out His hand, ready to carry you through the spots that seem overwhelming and wearisome.  We will never regret moving on when our Heavenly Father is leading and we will turn out the better for it!
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5
I am here for each of you- to share my joys and pains, triumphs and failures.  Don’t be afraid to send me an email if I can help in anyway! Together we can overcome the wrong and live our lives without regrets!
Anna Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment