Friday, September 16, 2011

Having Faith For the Little Things In Life

It’s been about a month since I found out our family dog was pregnant again for the third time. I felt a little panic about it, but I became more frustrated last night when she was giving birth. See, her past two births she had nine pups both times. And last time I found it increasingly hard to find homes for each of them. Six months after they were born I still had puppies! I spent lots of money on dog food, time into advertising them, but people just weren’t interested. As Dixie gave birth last night, I felt a little dread over the next little while as she popped one puppy after the other out. Ugh!!! Nine homes to find! I thought to myself, it was so hard last time to get rid of them, how much harder this time? There are only so many people around here looking for a puppy. And its coming on winter time- the possible homes will be even fewer as folks will not want to take in a dog with winter setting in. Sigh….
The moral of today’s story is that while I was complaining to myself, I felt the Lord speaking to me telling me he would provide. YES! Even for Dixie’s puppies, he would take care of them too! My God, who supplies all my needs, will take care of this one as well! I felt such peace about it and could smile with more ease at the excitement of the children with each new addition!
So, I wanted to share a quick reminder with you, my friends, to have faith in the God that will even see that those little issues we come across in life will be taken care of. Yes, he does care about every detail of our lives. So trust him with all your big and little problems- He can and will take care of them all!
By the way, Dixie had 10 this time instead of the usual nine! Smile! One more home needed, God!
“But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:19
Anna Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment