Saturday, September 3, 2011

Trust

Trust. It is something that has been taking on a very special meaning to me lately. There are so many things in our lives that require trust in Almighty God. Trust doesn’t mean that you have all the answers or that things will go just as planned or how you would like them to. Trust is to “to allow to do something without fear of the outcome, to believe, to have confidence or faith; as trust in God, to have faith in.” Just about every area of our lives requires some trust if we are going to live with total reliance on our creator.
I have to trust that somewhere out there, there is a man that is going to be my husband. Nearing 20, there are many days when I feel lonely and sad and tempted to fret for my future. After living for Jesus, my desire is to be a wife and a mother- to raise a family and to have a happy home for my man to come home to each day. When I am having a rough day, I have to trust that God is preparing me and using me in this time. I have to trust Him with my future, knowing that I have committed my life to Him and only when He allows my husband and I to meet and start a life together will it be.
I choose to trust that the Lord knew what He was doing when He asked me to leave a very good job recently to be more available for my family. It went against a lot of common reasoning. But, even when I cannot see the big picture, I can trust that as I have stepped out in obedience to His calling, He will take care of the rest. My future is in his hands. I cannot allow myself to fret, thinking I have no future. For my future is sealed with Jesus- if I had nothing else but Him, it would be enough.
As I work on my family farm, I have to trust that God will give me the strength to do what I must. That I won’t expect perfection from my brothers and sisters, but also not require less than what they can do.
When I look at my Dad, who has spent the whole year sick with heart disease, I trust in my healing Jesus. As I go about doing to work that He used to do, I have to trust someday I will see the manifestation of his healing. I trust that God will take care of my Mother, as she carries twice the load now.
Yes, I am trusting that God will bring back my wayward family member back to the fold- that the good seeds that were sown in him his whole life will bring forth fruit in due season.
I, like all of you, have experienced daily struggles. Sometimes I have to put my trust moment by moment in a God that never fails. The storms of life may threaten to blow me away, but because I am built on the solid rock of Christ, I will not be moved.
Trust in God- just because you have it, doesn’t mean your life will go smoothly. But when the rough times come, you will have someone to rely on and to see you through to the other side.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
So, I encourage my dear sisters today in the storms you may be facing- put your total and complete reliance and trust in the only one that can save you- Jesus Christ. He alone can see you make it across the storm to the peaceful side.
With love,
Anna Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment